Sunday, September 19, 2010

Trust in the Lord for small or big things

One day at work, as I was trying to open one of my emails, a message like this showed up "You cannot access the email. Another user is using it..." I knew that I owned the email and that I was the only user. Then I tried over and over again but I still could not open the email.

At that time, I was reluctant to ask God to help. Instead, I called IT but they failed to resolve my issue. Then I wanted my co-worker to help because he was very good at fixing technical issue but he was not available at that moment. I rebooted my computer and tried again. The same message appeared again on the screen. I became frustrated. All of a sudden, a soft voice spoke to me, 'Why don't you pray to me?" I knew that it was the Holy Spirit. Then I quietly prayed to ask God to help me. Just right after my prayer, I checked on the email again, and this time it finally opened.

I learned that I have to trust in God and ask Him for help no matter how small or how big our problem is. What we need to do is to talk with Him.

Proverbs 3:5-6 teach us that we need to put our trust in Him and that we should not depend on our own human thinking or effort. Ask God for help when you need Him, and He will listen.

Amen.

Dicky

No comments:

Post a Comment