Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Journeys Made Possible By God: Preface

To most people, a journey is a long trip to some other places. It could be a trip to another country or to a remote area. They would prepare things that would last the whole trip.

To me, a journey is any spiritual experience in which God is the Leader or the Counselor. I trust God that He always goes ahead of me for whatever He wants me to do or for wherever He wants me to go to. What I need to do is to prepare my heart to follow His guidance.

In our journey, He may bring us down to the deep valley because He wants to give us disciplines to train or to mold us to become more Christ-like. No training is easy as it says in Hebrews 12:5-6, “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when He rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those He loves, and He punishes everyone He accepts as a son”.

Hebrews 12:11 continues, “No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it”.

Galatians 5:22-23 also say it well, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.”

In my stories that follow, you will find that I have gone through different disciplines that God has prepared for me at different stages of my life. I consider all these disciplines or trainings as “My Journeys Made Possible by God”.

What is your journey with the Lord Almighty?

May God use my stories to renew your faith and to guide you through your own journeys. May He also produce in you the fruits of the Holy Spirit. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

In Christ,

Dicky To

No comments:

Post a Comment